1. These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "Terms and Conditions") are issued according to § 1751 and subsequently Act No.: 89/2012 Coll., of the Czech Republic civil code (hereinafter referred to as the "Civil Code")
Company name: VocalBoothToGo-EU
VAT ID (vies): CZ10897976
Registered office: Antala Staska 2374, Frydek, 738 01 Frydek-Mistek
Registered with the Regional Court in Ostrava, file number C 86004
phone: +420 591 142 462
(hereinafter referred to as "seller")
2. These Terms and Conditions modify the reciprocal rights and obligations of the seller and the natural person who concludes the purchase contract outside his business as a consumer, or in the course of his business activities (hereinafter referredto as " buyer") through a web interface located on the website available at: vocalboothtogo.eu (hereinafter referred to as the "Online Store").
3. The provisions of the Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the purchase contract. Divergent arrangements in the purchase contract take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
4. These terms and conditions and the purchase contract are concluded in English.
II. Information about goods and prices
1. Information about the goods, including the prices of individual goods and their main characteristics, can be found for individual goods in the catalogue of the online store. The prices of the goods include value added tax, all related fees and costs of returning the goods, if by definition these goods cannot be returned by the usual postal route. The prices of the goods remain valid for as long as they are displayed in the online store. This provision does not preclude the negotiation of a purchase contract under individually agreed conditions.
2. All presentation of the goods placed in the catalogue of the online store is informative and the seller is not obliged to conclude a purchase contract for these goods.
3. Information about the costs associated with packaging and delivery of goods is published in the online store.
4. Any discounts on the purchase price of the goods cannot be combined with each other, if the seller and the buyer do not agree otherwise.
III. Order and conclusion of a purchase contract
1. The costs incurred by the buyer when using the means of distance communication in connection with the conclusion of the purchase contract (internet connection costs, telephone calls costs) are borne by the buyer himself. These costs are no different from the base rate.
2. The buyer makes an order for the goods in the following ways:
- through his customer account, if he has previously registered in the online store,
- by filling in the order form without registration.
3. When placing an order, the buyer chooses the goods, the number of pieces of goods, the method of payment and delivery.
4. Before sending the order, the buyer is allowed to check and change the data he has entered into the order. The buyer sends the order to the seller by clicking the FINISH ORDER button. The information provided in the order is considered correct by the seller. The condition for the validity of the order is to fill in all the mandatory information in the order form and confirm that the buyer has become acquainted with these terms and conditions.
5. Immediately after receiving the order, the seller sends the buyer a confirmation of receipt of the order to the e-mail address entered by the buyer when ordering. This confirmation is automatic and is not considered as the conclusion of a contract. The current terms and conditions of the seller are annexed to the confirmation. The purchase contract is concluded only after the seller has received the order. The notification of receipt of the order is delivered to the buyer's e-mail address. / Immediately after receiving the order, the seller sends the buyer a confirmation of receipt of the order to the e-mail address entered by the buyer when ordering. This confirmation shall not be deemed to be the conclusion of a contract. Only after checking your order, we will send you another e-mail confirming that we accept your order and only this confirmation is considered to be the conclusion of a contract. The current terms and conditions of the seller are annexed to the confirmation.
6. If the seller cannot meet any of the requirements specified in the order, he will send the buyer an amended offer to his e-mail address. The amended offer is considered to be a new draft purchase contract and in such a case the purchase contract is concluded by confirmation of the buyer's acceptance of this offer to the seller at his e-mail address specified in these terms and conditions.
7. All orders received by the seller are binding. The buyer may cancel the order until the buyer is notified of receipt of the order by the seller. The Buyer may cancel the order by phone to the seller's telephone number or e-mail specified in these Terms and Conditions.
8. In the event that there has been a manifest technical error on the part of the seller when stating the price of the goods in the online store or during the ordering process, the seller is not obliged to deliver the goods to the buyer at this manifestly erroneous price, even if an automatic confirmation of receipt of the order has been sent to the buyer according to these terms and conditions. The seller informs the buyer of the error without undue delay and sends the buyer an amended offer to his e-mail address. The amended offer is considered a new draft purchase contract and in this case the purchase contract is concluded by confirmation of acceptance by the buyer to the seller's e-mail address.
IV. Customer account
1. Based on the buyer's registration made in the online store, the buyer can access his customer account. From his customer account, the buyer can order goods. The buyer can also order goods without registration.
2. When registering for a customer account and ordering goods, the buyer is obliged to provide all data correctly and truthfully. The buyer is obliged to update the data specified in the user account in case of any change. The data provided by the buyer in the customer account and when ordering the goods are considered correct by the seller.
3. Access to the customer account is secured by a username and password. The Buyer is obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding the information necessary to access his customer account. The Seller is not responsible for any misuse of the customer account by third parties.
4. The Buyer is not entitled to allow third parties to use the customer account.
5. The seller may cancel the user account, especially if the buyer no longer uses his user account, or if the buyer violates his obligations under the purchase contract or these terms and conditions.
6. The Buyer acknowledges that the user account may not be available 24/7, especially with regard to the necessary maintenance of the seller's hardware and software, or the necessary maintenance of third-party hardware and software.
V. Payment terms and delivery of goods
1. The price of the goods and any costs associated with the delivery of the goods according to the purchase contract can be paid by the buyer in the following ways:
- by wire transfer to the seller's bank account number: 2501991913/2010 held with Fio banka,
- cashless by credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay,
- wire transfer to the seller's account via the GoPay payment gateway
- cash on delivery of goods,
- in cash or by credit card at the time of personal collection at the premises,
- in cash or by credit card when personally receiving parcels at the parcel office.
2. Together with the purchase price, the buyer is obliged to pay the seller the costs associated with the packaging and delivery of the goods in the agreed amount. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the purchase price and the costs associated with the delivery of the goods are also understood.
3. In case of payment in cash, the purchase price is payable upon receipt of the goods. In the case of a non-cash payment, the purchase price is payable within 2 days of the conclusion of the purchase contract.
4. In the case of payment via the payment gateway, the buyer follows the instructions of the respective electronic payment provider.
5. In the case of a non-cash payment, the buyer's obligation to pay the purchase price is fulfilled at the moment of crediting the relevant amount to the seller's bank account.
6. The seller does not require any advance deposit or other similar payment from the buyer in advance. Payment of the purchase price before sending the goods is not an advance.
7. According to the Act on Sales Registration, the seller is obliged to issue a receipt to the buyer. At the same time, he is obliged to register the received income with the tax administrator online, in the event of a technical failure, no later than within 48 hours
8. The goods are delivered to the buyer:
- to the address specified by the buyer of the order
- through the delivery room to the address of the dispensary designated by the buyer,
- personal collection at the seller's premises.
9. The choice of delivery method is made during the ordering of the goods.
10. The cost of delivery of the goods depending on the method of dispatch and receipt of the goods is stated in the buyer's order and in the confirmation of the order by the seller. If the mode of transport is agreed on the basis of a special request of the buyer, the buyer bears the risk and any additional costs associated with this mode of transport.
11. If the seller is obliged under the purchase contract to deliver the goods to the place specified by the buyer in the order, the buyer is obliged to take over the goods on delivery. If, for reasons on the part of the buyer, it is necessary to deliver the goods repeatedly or in a different way than stated in the order, the buyer is obliged to pay the costs associated with the repeated delivery of the goods or the costs associated with another method of delivery.
12. When taking over the goods from the carrier, the buyer is obliged to check the intactness of the packaging of the goods and, in case of any defects, immediately notify the carrier. In the event of a violation of the packaging indicating unauthorised intrusion into the consignment, the buyer does not have to take over the consignment from the carrier.
13. The seller issues the buyer with invoice. The invoice is sent to the buyer's e-mail address.
14. The buyer gains ownership of the goods by paying the full purchase price for the goods, including delivery costs,but first by taking over the goods.
15. Liability for the random destruction, damage or loss of the goods passes to the buyer at the moment of receipt of the goods or at the moment when the buyer was obliged to take over the goods, but did not do so in violation of the purchase contract.
VI. Cancellation of the contract
1. A buyer who has concluded a purchase contract outside the business as a consumer has the right to cancellation of the contract.
2. The withdrawal period shall be 30 days:
- from the date of receipt of the goods,
- from the date of receipt of the last delivery of the goods, where several types of goods or the supply of several parts are the subject of the contract,
- from the date of receipt of the first delivery of the goods, if the subject of the contract is the regular re-delivery of the goods.
3. The buyer cannot, among other things, cancellation of the contract:
- provision of services if they were fulfilled with his prior express consent before the expiry of the cancelation period and the seller informed the buyer before the conclusion of the contract that in such a case he has no right of cancelation,
- the supply of goods or services the price of which depends on financial market deflection, irrespective of the seller's will, and which may occur within the cancelation period,
- the supply of alcoholic beverages, which may be delivered only after 30 days and the price of which depends on financial market deflection independent of the seller's will,
- the supply of goods which have been modified according to the buyer's wishes or for his person,
- the supply of perishable goods as well as goods irretrievably mixed with other goods after delivery,
- delivery of goods in a closed packaging which the buyer has removed from the packaging and cannot be returned for hygienic reasons,
- the supply of an audio or video recording or computer program if it has infringed its original packaging,
- the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines,
- delivery of digital content, if it was not delivered on a tangible medium and was delivered with the prior express consent of the buyer before the expiry of the cancelation period, and the seller informed the buyer before the conclusion of the contract that in such a case he has no right of cancelation from the contract,
- in other cases, referred to in § 1837 of the Czech Republic Civil Code.
4. In order to comply with the cancelation period, the buyer must send a declaration of cancelation within the cancelation period.
5. In order to cancelation from the purchase contract, the buyer can use the cancelation form to withdraw from the contract provided by the seller. Withdrawal from the purchase contract will be sent by the buyer to the e-mail address: claims@VocalBoothToGo.eu or delivery address of the seller specified in these terms and conditions or put in a package together with the returning goods. The seller confirms to the buyer the acceptance of the form without delay.
6. The buyer who has cancellation of the contract is obliged to return the goods to the seller within 14 days of the cancellation of the contract to the seller. The buyer bears the costs associated with returning the goods to the seller, even if the goods cannot be returned by the usual postal route due to their nature.
7. If the buyer cancel the contract, the seller shall return to him without delay, but no later than 14 days after the cancel of the contract, all funds, including the costs of delivery received from him, in the same way. The seller returns the received money to the buyer in another way only if the buyer agrees and if he does not incur additional costs.
8. If the buyer has chosen a method other than the cheapest method of delivery offered by the seller, the seller shall refund to the buyer the cost of delivery of the goods in the amount corresponding to the cheapest method of delivery offered.
9. If the buyer cancel the contract, the seller is not obliged to return the received funds to the buyer before the buyer transfers the goods to him or proves that he has sent the goods to the seller.
10. The goods must be returned by the buyer to the seller undamaged, unused and unconsued and, if possible, in the original packaging. The seller is entitled to unilaterally count the claim for compensation for damage to the goods against the buyer's claim for a refund of the purchase price.
11. The seller is entitled to cancelation of the contract due to the sell-out of stocks, unavailability of the goods, or when the manufacturer, importer or supplier of the goods has interrupted the production or import of the goods. The seller shall promptly inform the buyer by means of the e-mail address specified in the order and return all funds, including delivery costs, received from him on the basis of the contract, in the same way or in the manner specified by the buyer within 14 days of notification of withdrawal from the purchase contract.
VII. Rights from defective performance (Complaints)
1. The seller is responsible to the buyer that the goods do not have defects when taking over. In particular, the seller shall reply to the buyer that at the time when the buyer:
- the goods have characteristics agreed upon by the parties and, in the lack of an arrangement, have such characteristics as the seller or manufacturer has described or which the buyer expected, taking into account the nature of the goods and the advertising carried out by them,
- the goods are fit for the purpose stated by the seller for their use or for which goods of this kind are normally used,
- the goods correspond to the quality or execution of the agreed sample or draft, if the quality or design has been determined according to the agreed sample or model,
- the goods are in the appropriate quantity, scale or weight;
- the goods comply with the requirements of the legislation.
2. The seller has obligations arising from defective performance at least to the extent that the obligations arising from the defective performance of the manufacturer persist. The buyer is otherwise entitled to exercise the right from a defect that will occur in consumer goods within twenty-four months of receipt.
3. Where the goods sold, on their packaging, in the instructions attached to the goods or in advertising in accordance with other legislation indicate the period during which the goods may be used, the quality warranty provisions shall apply. By guaranteeing quality, the seller undertakes that the goods will be fit for use for the usual purpose for a certain period of time or that they will retain their usual characteristics. If the buyer has rightly criticized the seller for the defect of the goods, there is no period for exercising the rights from defective performance or a warranty period for the period during which the buyer cannot use the defective goods.
4. The provisions referred to in the preceding paragraph of the Terms and Conditions shall not apply to goods sold at a lower price to a defect for which a lower price has been agreed, to wear and tear of the goods caused by their normal use, to a defect corresponding to the degree of use or wear and tear which the goods had at the time of receipt by the buyer, or where this results from the nature of the goods. The right of defective performance does not matter to the buyer if he knew before taking over the goods that the goods had a defect or if the buyer himself caused the defect.
5. In the event of a defect, the buyer may submit a complaint to the seller and:
- exchange for new goods,
- repair of goods,
- a reasonable discount on the purchase price,
- Cancelation of the contract.
6. The buyer has the right to cancel the contract:
- if the goods have a material defect,
- if the thing cannot be used properly for repeated occurrence of defects or defects after repair,
- with a greater number of defects in the goods.
7. What matters is such a breach of contract, which the infringing party already knew or had to know at the time of conclusion of the contract that the other party would not have concluded the contract if it had foreseen such breach.
8. In the case of a defect that implies an immateive breach of contract (regardless of whether the defect is removable or irreparable), the buyer is entitled to the removal of the defect or a reasonable discount on the purchase price.
9. If a removable defect has occurred repeatedly after repair (usually a third complaint for the same defect or a fourth for different defects) or the goods have a larger number of defects (usually at least three defects at the same time), the buyer has the right to apply the request for a discount on the purchase price, replacement of goods or cancel the contract.
10. When making a complaint, the buyer is obliged to tell the seller what right he has chosen. A change of choice without the seller's consent is possible only if the buyer has requested the repair of a defect that proves to be irreparable. If the buyer does not choose his right from a material breach of contract in a timely manner, he has the same rights as in the case of a non-material breach of contract.
11. If repair or replacement of the goods is not possible, on the basis of cancellation the contract, the buyer may demand a full refund of the purchase price.
12. If the seller proves that the buyer knew about the defect of the goods before taking over or caused it himself, the seller is not obliged to comply with the buyer's claim.
13. The buyer cannot claim discounted goods for the reason for which the goods are discounted.
14. The seller is obliged to accept the complaint in any establishment in which acceptance of the complaint is possible, possibly also at the registered office or place of business.
15. Please send complaints only to the our warehouse address:
Company name: VocalBoothToGo-EU s.r.o.
Street and number: Dobra 10
Post code: 739 51
Country: Czech Republic
Phone number: +420 591 142 462
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
16. The seller is obliged to issue the buyer with a written confirmation of when the buyer has exercised the right, what is the content of the complaint and what method of handling the complaint the buyer requires, as well as confirmation of the date and method of handling the complaint, including confirmation of the repair and its duration, or a written justification for rejecting the complaint.
17. The seller or his authorized employee decides on the complaint immediately, in complex cases within three working days. This period does not include the time appropriate according to the type of product or service required for the expert assessment of the defect. The complaint, including the removal of the defect, must be settled without delay, no later than 30 days from the date of the complaint, unless the seller agrees with the buyer for a longer period. The futile expiry of this period is considered a material breach of contract and the buyer has the right to withdraw from the purchase contract. The moment when the buyer's will (exercising the right from defective performance) occurs to the seller is considered to be the moment when the complaint is made.
18. The seller informs the buyer in writing about the result of the complaint.
19. The right of defective performance does not matter to the buyer if the buyer knew before taking over the thing that the thing had a defect or if the buyer himself caused the defect.
20. In the event of a legitimate complaint, the buyer has the right to reimbursement of the costs incurred in connection with the claim. The buyer may exercise this right with the seller within one month of the expiry of the warranty period, otherwise the court may not grant it.
21. The buyer has a choice of the method of complaint.
22. The rights and obligations of the contracting parties regarding rights arising from defective performance are governed by § 1914 to 1925, § 2099 to 2117 and § 2161 to 2174 of the Czech Republic Civil Code and by law number 634/1992 Collections, about Consumer Protection.
1. The Contracting Parties may deliver all written correspondence to each other by e-mail.
2. The Buyer delivers correspondence to the Seller on the e-mail addresses specified in these Terms and Conditions. The seller delivers correspondence to the buyer to the e-mail address specified in his customer account or order.
IX. Personal data
1. All information provided by the Buyer in cooperation with the Seller is confidential and will be treated as such. Unless the Buyer gives the Seller written permission, the Seller will not use the Buyer's information in any way other than for the purpose of performing the contract, except for the email address to which commercial communications may be sent, as this practice is permitted by law, unless expressly refused. These communications may only relate to similar or related goods and may be opted out of at any time by simple means (by sending a letter, email or clicking on a link in a commercial communication). The e-mail address will be kept for this purpose for 15 years after the last contract between the parties has been concluded.
X. Out-of-court dispute resolution
1. The Czech Trade Inspection Authority with its registered office at Štěpánská 567/15, 120 00 Praha 2, company number: 00020869, internet address: https://adr.coi.cz/cs. The online dispute resolution platform located on the http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr internet address can be used to resolve disputes between the seller and the buyer from the purchase contract.
2. European Consumer Centre Czech Republic with its registered office in Štěpánská 567/15, 120 00 Prague 2, Internet address: http://www.evropskyspotrebitel.cz is the focal point under Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on the settlement of consumer disputes online and on the amendment of Regulation (EC) No. 2006/2004 and Directive 2009/22/EC (Regulation on online settlement of consumer disputes).
3. The seller is entitled to sell the goods on the basis of a trade license. Trade inspection is carried out within the scope of its competence by the relevant trade licensing office. The Czech Trade Inspection Authority carries out, to a defined extent, supervision of compliance with Act No. 634/1992 Coll., on Consumer Protection.
XI. Final provisions
1. All arrangements between the seller and the buyer are governed by the legal order of the Czech Republic. If the relationship established by the purchase contract contains an international element, then the parties agree that the relationship is governed by the law of the Czech Republic. This is without prejudice to the rights of the consumer arising from generally binding legislation.
2. The seller is not bound by any codes of conduct in relation to the buyer within the meaning of § 1826 paragraph 1. letter. e) of the Civil Code.
3. All rights to the Seller's website, in particular the copyright in the content, including page layout, photos, films, graphics, trademarks, logo and other content and elements, belong to the Seller. It is forbidden to copy, modify or otherwise use the website or part there of the website without the seller's consent.
4. The Seller shall not be liable for errors resulting from third party interference with the online shop or its use contrary to its intended use. The Buyer shall not use any procedures in the use of the online shop that could have a negative impact on its operation and shall not perform any activity that could enable him or third parties to interfere with or make unauthorized use of the software or other components forming the online shop and use the online shop or its parts or software in a manner that would be contrary to its purpose or intent.
5. The Buyer hereby assumes the risk of a change of circumstances within the meaning of § 1765 paragraph 2 of the Civil Code.
6. The purchase contract, including the terms and conditions, is archived by the seller in electronic form and is not accessible.
7. The seller may change or supplement the wording of the Terms and Conditions. This provision is without prejudice to the rights and obligations arisingduring the period of effect of the previous version of the Terms and Conditions.
8. An annex to the terms and conditions is a cancellation of the contract form.
These Terms and Conditions take effect on: 10.06.21