Door acoustic blanket DNC-B, Black 100 x 235cm, double-layered door sound insulationCode: 101040
Product detailed description
Black/Black, width: 100cm, height: 235 cm, 4 grommets on the 100 cm side, the other two grommets are located in the lower corners.
We have created a double-layered sound insulation for your doors also known as VocalBoothToGo door sound blanket, door acoustic blanket, door noise control cover and so on.
Do you need to reduce noise coming from a door or a passageway?
This product can be hung in front of a door or passageway to absorb the sound coming through it.
People have problems with noise coming through doors because the doors are often very thin, hollow, glazed or have gaps around the frame. This allows the noise to come through, in or out of the room. Our double-layered door sound insulation has NRC 1.0 (100 % Sound absorption) and will reduce large amount of noise coming through the door, but remember will not mute sound completely, because NRC standard do not measure whole hearing range.
Sound insulation for home and studio use
If you have a home recording studio, rehearsal room, DJ room or a streaming studio in your home, you do not want your parents or neighbors bang on the door and demand you to stop audio recording!
The double-layered VocalBoothToGo door sound blanket will help you to ensure you don't disturb others in the house. It dampens sound in the high and mid frequency range. When used properly, it will significantly reduce the overall noise coming through the door.
Door blankets are made from VocalBoothToGo sound blanket material, with enhanced sound absorption efficiency, because they have two layers.
Our sound absorbing wall are filled with non-toxic recycled pure cotton with 30% polyester added for resiliency and to maintain the thickness. The outer fabric is a high-quality polyester.
For easy mounting above the door frame, door blanket has six grommets, 4 evenly spaced on the top 100 cm side and two more grommets in the lower corners, all with a hole diameter of 1.27 cm
VocalBoothToGo door blankets can be washed in a washing machine (we recommend to use an industrial washing machine or laundromat, because the door blankets absorb a lot of water and get very heavy when wet.) Unlike acoustic foam, that cannot be removed from the wall and cannot be washed, you can take the door blankets off, throw them in the washing machine, dry and hang them up again. (you can't do that with acoustic foam stuck to the wall).
NOTE: Use regular amount of detergent. You can wash on high heat settings. To dry the door blankets use high heat tumble dry. Place only one blanket at a time for better results. It will take about an hour to dry one blanket.
VocalBoothToGo door blankets for additional door sound insulation have parallel stitching approximately 5 cm apart. This allows the inside fibers to expand and make the door blanket thicker, also keep its shape and the filling does not move inside. If you buy the version, with both sides black, the stitching is done with pure black thread, so the whole door sound blanket is nicely black
NOTE: When you first receive the door blanket, it might appear thin. That is because they are pressed to expel all the air out of them in order to reduce the shipping volume and save you money on shipping. To restore the thickness – take them to a laundromat and tumble dry it at high heat for about 12-15 minutes. The door blanket will come out about three times as thick as they were before. Also they will expand naturally over time but tumble dry makes this faster.
Technical specifications of the DNC-B
- Color: Both sides black
- Grommets: 4 evenly spaced grommets on the 100 cm side and two more grommets in the lower corners with a hole diameter of 1.27 cm
- Stitching: Parallel, 5 cm wide, black thread.
- Sound absorption coefficient: NRC 1.0 (straight fit) absorbs 100 % of sound it is not mean that is soundproof
- Dimension: 235 cm (Height) x 100 cm (Width)
- Weight on 1m2: 2600g/m2
- Weight: 5.7 Kg
- The Door Noise Control Blanket is not “soundproof”. It will not put the outside noise on “Mute” , but if used correctly, it will reduce the overall noise coming through the door.
- NRC is a characteristic of a material to absorb the sound. It is not the same as “Sound blocking” or STC class.
- Read more about NRC – Noise Reduction Coefficient how this laboratory measuring exactly work to understand amount of noise reduction of this windows sound insulation acoustic blanket WNC-B
- Window blankets are utility products specifically designed for functionality, you may find slight imperfections that do not affect their sound absorption capacity. Examples may be the material might have folds and crevices in the stitching, the dimensions might be 5–6 cm off the advertised dimensions, binding might be folded when stitched, and minor needle marks on the material can be expected. Also, please be aware that the window blankets are not “soundproof” they are “sound absorptive”. Window blankets are NOT treated with fire retardant chemicals and are not fireproof.
Be the first who will post an article to this item!