Window acoustic blanket WNC-B, Black 100 x 180cm, double-layered window sound insulationCode: 101026
Product detailed description
Color: Black/Black, height: 180 cm, width: 100 cm, 4 Grommets on the 100cm (top) side and 2 on the bottom corners, panel will hang down 180cm, NRC 1.0 (double layer) 100% Noise reduction* (read more about NRC – Noise Reduction Coefficient how this laboratory measuring exactly work)
We have created a double-layered sound insulation for your windows, also known as VocalBoothToGo window sound blanket, window acoustic blanket, window noise control cover and so on.
Do you need to reduce noise coming from a window or a passageway?
Encouraged by the success of our Door Sound Blanket, we created the Window Sound Blanket.
If you experience issues with noise coming through the windows the first thing to do is to seal the gaps around the frame and make sure the window is shut tightly. Then hang the Window Noise Control blanket, flush with the window frame, to significantly improve the sound transmission loss. VocalBoothToGo acoustic Blankets used to make the Window sound blanket have been professionally lab tested in a sound lab to absorb 100% of noise* (NRC 1.0). Our Window Sound Blanket also completely blocks the light coming through the window to help you sleep better.
Sound insulation for home and studio use
If you have a home recording studio, rehearsal room, DJ room or a streaming studio in your home, you do not want your parents or neighbors bang on the door and demand you to stop audio recording!
The double-layered VocalBoothToGo window sound blanket will help you to ensure you don't disturb others in the house. It dampens sound in the high and mid frequency range. When used properly, it will significantly reduce the overall noise coming through the window.
Our window sound insulation walls are filled with non-toxic recycled pure cotton with 30% polyester added for resiliency and to maintain the thickness. The outer fabric is a high-quality polyester.
For easy mounting above the window frame, window sound blanket has six grommets, 4 evenly spaced on the top 100 cm side and two more grommets in the lower corners, all with a hole diameter of 12mm.
VocalBoothToGo window blankets can be washed in a washing machine (we recommend to use an industrial washing machine or laundromat, because the window blankets absorb a lot of water and get very heavy when wet.) Unlike acoustic foam, that cannot be removed from the wall and cannot be washed, you can take the window blankets off, throw them in the washing machine, dry and hang them up again. (you can't do that with acoustic foam stuck to the wall).
NOTE: Use regular amount of detergent. You can wash on high heat settings. To dry the window blankets use high heat tumble dry. Place only one blanket at a time for better results. It will take about an hour to dry one blanket.
VocalBoothToGo window blankets for have parallel stitching approximately 5 cm apartallows the inside fibers to expand and make the window blanket thicker, also keep its shape and the filling does not move inside. If you buy the version, with both sides black, the stitching is done with pure black thread, so the whole window sound blanket is nicely black.
NOTE: When you first receive the window blanket, it might appear thin. That is because they are pressed to expel all the air out of them in order to reduce the shipping volume and save you money on shipping. To restore the thickness – take them to a laundromat and tumble dry it at high heat for about 12-15 minutes. The window blanket will come out about three times as thick as they were before. Also they will expand naturally over time but tumble dry makes this faster.
Technical specifications of the WNC-B
- Color: Both sides black
- Grommets: 4 evenly spaced grommets on the 100 cm side and two more grommets in the lower corners with a hole diameter of 12mm
- Stitching: Parallel, 5 cm wide, black thread
- Sound absorption coefficient: NRC 1.0 (double layer) 100% Noise reduction* of sound, it is not mean that is soundproof
- Dimension: 180 cm (Height) x 100 cm (Width)
- Weight on 1m2: 2600g/m2
- Weight: 4,5 kg
- The Window Noise Control Blanket is not “soundproof”. It will not put the outside noise on “Mute” , but if used correctly, it will reduce the overall noise coming through the window.
- NRC is a characteristic of a material to absorb the sound. It is not the same as “Sound blocking” or STC class.
- Read more about NRC – Noise Reduction Coefficient how this laboratory measuring exactly work to understand amount of noise reduction of this windows sound insulation acoustic blanket WNC-B
- Window blankets are utility products specifically designed for functionality, you may find slight imperfections that do not affect their sound absorption capacity. Examples may be the material might have folds and crevices in the stitching, the dimensions might be 5–6 cm off the advertised dimensions, binding might be folded when stitched, and minor needle marks on the material can be expected. Also, please be aware that the window blankets are not “soundproof” they are “sound absorptive”. Window blankets are NOT treated with fire retardant chemicals and are not fireproof.